The Middle, Secondary & Senior Secondary School
The Central Board of Secondary Education was set up to achieve certain interlinked objectives:
- To prescribe conditions of examinations and conduct public examination at the end of Class X and XII. To grant qualifying certificates to successful candidates of the affiliated schools.
- To prescribe and update the course of instructions of examinations.
- To affiliate institutions for the purpose of examination and raise the academic standards of the country.
The prime focus of the Board is on
- Innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising student friendly and student centered paradigms.
- Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices.
- Skill learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs.
- Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in service training programmes, workshops etc.
Aforestated rules and regulations are strictly followed by GIS.
Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation
Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation, as the name implies, is a development process of assessment which emphasizes on two fold objectives, continuity and evaluation on one hand and assessment of board ranges on the other.
The school diligently follows the CCE designed by CBSE to promote a stress free learning atmosphere for the students upto the Secondary Classes. The evaluation procedure here is an integral part of the Scholastic and Co-Scholastic Programme. Intensive and rigourous preparation by the teacher ensures a complete learning, unlocking the students’ potential in order to maximize their performance and bring out the best in them.