Need of including Such Scholarship:
As per past experiences, a substantial number of parents and students have approached us to provide fee relaxation during the entire course as they are not financially strong enough to pay the fee. Moreover, such students are outstanding in academics or some other fields. To motivate such students, there is a need to offer such scholarships to aspiring students.
The total number of 10 scholarships is decided to be given to students. To avail of this Scholarship, the student can apply in two phases. The student needs to apply online at official website www.gateway.edu.in on or before 30th September 2023 for 1st phase and before 30th November 2023 for the 2nd phase. The student has to pass through the personal interview to showcase their potential and supporting documents. The result will be announced within the week from the date of the interview.
The Need-based scholarship consists of five parameters:
1. Academic (25 Marks): If student scores more than 70% in the last qualifying board exams, then it is applicable as per the slab mentioned below:
- 95-100% 21 to 25 marks
- 90-94.9% 16 to 25 marks
- 85-89.9% 11 to 15 marks
- 80–84.9% 6 to 10 marks
- 75-79.9% 1 to 5 marks
2. Extra Activity (20 Marks): : If a student participated in any field like singing, dancing & games, etc. at the district level, state level & national level, then following slab is applicable:
- National Level Winner: Up to 20 marks
- State Level Participation: Up to 15 marks
- District Level Participation: Up to 10 marks
3. Social Welfare Contribution (15 Marks): To be monitored by the screening committee.
4. Communication Skills & Personality (20 Marks):: The student will be asked to present/speak before the committee on some pre-decided topic/ area of their interest. The following parameters will be checked:
- Body Language
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Skills
5. Financial (20 Marks): To be decided by the committee after observing his/her parent's current financial background.
- Based on the score of the top 10 candidates, this scholarship is divided into the following courses:
BBA: 05 scholarships, BCA: 02 scholarships, B.Tech.: 02 scholarships, MBA: 01 scholarships.
- The top 10 scorers will get benefits as per the slab below:
- The student can avail of only one scholarship (need-based/ regular), whichever is maximum.
- This need-based Scholarship is applicable for their whole duration of the course.
- This Scholarship is applicable only on the Tuition Fee.
|1st topper||100 % Scholarship||6th topper||75% Scholarship|
|2nd topper||95% Scholarship||7th topper||70% Scholarship|
|3rd topper||90% Scholarship||8th topper||65% Scholarship|
|4th topper||85% Scholarship||9th topper||60% Scholarship|
|5th topper||80% Scholarship||10th topper||50% Scholarship|