General Rules For The Hostel
Hostel accommodation is provided with the implicit and express understanding that the resident students will strictly abide by the Hostel Rules and Regulations currently in force or as may be enforced from time to time. The hostel rules are not framed to restrict the conduct of individuals but to ensure that student body may live and work together in harmony.
Accommodation in the hostel cannot be claimed as a matter of right. The College Administration may refuse hostel accommodation to any student who is known to have grossly violated the Hostel Rules or whose presence is likely to disturb the peace and tranquility of Hostel. The decision of Director/Principal shall be final.
All students must observe the following rules. Violation of any of these rules will be taken as an act of indiscipline and entail appropriate disciplinary action:
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible and disciplined manner on campus and inside the hostels.
- Unethical or undesirable conduct which is inconsistent with general good order, wherever it may occur, will be held to the sufficient ground for dismissal from the hostel.
- Room allotment for the first year students will be on First Come First Serve basis. For the senior students allotment will be on the University Results i.e. on Merit Rank. If any student gets more than three appears in his/her previous university result, he/she will not be allowed Hostel Facility. In special case he/she will have to pay double room rent for the same, subject to Management approval and availability of room.
- Mutual exchange of rooms after final allotment will be allowed after submission of fee Rs. 100/- per head subject to approval from the Warden of respective hostel. If anybody does the same without the permission from the hostel authorities will be expelled from the hostel and fined Rs. 500/- per head.
- There will be surprise checks by the Chief-Supervisor/Warden/Chief-Warden/Principal/Director during running college days. If anybody found misusing the hostel facilities will have to face strict disciplinary actions.
- Girls hostel closing time will be 7:00 pm. For boys hostel it will be 9:00 pm. After 9:00 pm. No telephonic call will be entertained by the college telephonic exchange after 9:30 pm. All incoming calls in the hostels will be restricted to three minutes duration only.
- For girls’ parents it is compulsory to submit the list of relatives along with their telephone numbers and photograph where their ward(s) can go during holidays or leave.
- Authorized Parents/Guardians will be allowed to meet the hostel inmates on stipulated days after seeking permission from the concerned authorities.
- It is obligatory for every resident student to seek Warden’s permission for leaving station during the period the College is functioning (including weekends). However, such permission would not be necessary when the College is closed for more than three days on account of vacation/holidays.
- Students, in their own interest, are advised not to keep excess cash or any valuables in their hostel rooms. The college shall not be responsible for the loss of such items due to theft or otherwise. However, in the case of theft, the matter should be immediately reported to Warden/ Principal.
- The mess timings, as notified from time to time, should be strictly adhered to Misbehavior with mess staff will render to expulsion from the Mess and even from Hostel.
- All types of leaves are to be sanctioned by the Principal.
- Only vegetarian food is served in the Students’ Mess. The College administration does not allow cooking and/or eating non-vegetarian food inside the GIET campus. Students must honour the ethos of the Management. Cooking of any type of meals in the hostel rooms is strictly forbidden.
- Holidays and vacations including summer and winter shall be as per the notification by M.D. University, Rohtak.
- Male students are strictly forbidden from entering the Girls’ Hostel and Girls from entering Boys’ Hostel.
- Resident students are not permitted to invite any outside person to address any meeting in the hostel without the consent of the Principal and no meeting can be organized in the hostel without the prior permission of the Warden/Principal.
- Students are prohibited from consuming alcoholic drinks, drugs, cigarettes, tobacco products or any other intoxicants inside the hostel or to enter the hostel after consuming the same. Any student found consuming such thing or in a drunken state in the Hostel will render himself liable for strict disciplinary action.
- Each student will be responsible for furniture and electric fitting provided in his/her room. Before proceeding home during vacation or while vacating the hostel upon completion of the course each resident must get all the electrical fitting and other fixtures of the room check by the hostel Supervisor/Warden and handover the furniture to Hostel Authorities. In case of any damage double the cost of repairing will be charged from the students known to be immediately responsible. If the person is unknown, the cost may be assessed equally upon all the residents of the respective hostel, lobby or block, as the case may be.
- No student will shift to his room any material or furniture from the Common Room.
- Residents must not tamper with electric fitting. Fan & lights of hostel room must be switched off while not in use.
- Use of immersion rods, room heaters, cooking gas, kerosene stove music system (even Audio CDs) etc. is not allowed inside the Hostel Rooms.
- Students desired to use Computers, Air Coolers or any other electronics devices must obtain prior written permission from the Hostel Authorities.