A properly equipped Biology lab with sophisticated microscopes and models of rare species as well as all common specimens of plants and animals gives a chance to the students to study with the assistance of demos and practically performed dissections.
The Physics lab has all the updated equipments and all experiments in the curriculum can be performed under the guidance of their concerned teachers and lab assistant.
A fully equipped chemistry lab ensures that every student gets a chance to personally perform all the prescribed experiments and the study of science subject becomes gripping and dynamic.
- The language lab has been fitted up with the latest state- of-the- art equipments for effective English Language teaching using linguaphones and the latest gadgets.
- Spoken English and ASL (Assessment of Speaking and Listening) classes are regularly conducted in the language lab as per the CBSE Directive.
The AV room is fitted with a projector and screen for audio visual classes in all subjects under EDUCOMP’s Smart Class.
- The IT lab is equipped with 30 computers updated with the latest software.
- A Pre Primary computer lab which is a separate workplace for primary level children is fitted with TUX Math, TUX Paint, TUX Type and Logo software.
GIS Transport department provides a fleet of AC buses to students and staff from various places at competitive rates to ensure a hassle free, safe and comfortable commutation.
The school has a well established support system for children which includes laundry, saloon, tailoring, shoe mending, electrician and carpenters.
Hostel – A Home Away From Home
Life in a hostel means a whole panorama of experiences that span from making ‘friends for life’, to gaining the confidence to face life independently. That is why we have laid a lot of emphasis in creating a warm, welcoming, invigorating and home-like atmosphere in our separate boys’ and girls’ hostels. At GIS, the hostel is a home away from home, where the children develop the ‘confidence to be independent’, be it friendships, food, belongings, rooms, joys, sorrows, challenges or any of the uncountable experiences of growing-up together.
The GIS hostel is a modern fully air-conditioned and refreshing building, built with the explicit purpose of offering a stimulating and enriching experience where students can learn to ‘learn for life’. The caring and understanding support staff including housekeepers, laundry and maintenance staff, wardens and of course the principal and teachers guide and pay special attention to the hostel students.
An airy, well ventilated and well maintained infirmary with basic medical facilities define the health care centre of GIS, Sonepat. A full time qualified nurse is present to help the students in pain and distress during the school hours. The infirmary can handle situation by providing immediate relief in the form of first aid. Apart from this, it also conducts regular medical check up of the students one in a year and maintains health records.
Nutritious and delicious vegetarian food planned by qualified dietician is served in clean and hygienic spacious mess. A special care is taken to ensure that wide spread of healthy diet menu is offered to keep the students enthusiastic and eat healthy food. The monthly menu is displayed every month on the website.
Complete Power Backup
GIS has embraced technology and provides for advanced infrastructure. The Gateway Campus has been thoughtfully designed to create a dynamic environment which triggers learning and facilitates the teaching process.
Salient Features include: Centrally air conditioned with temperature (heating and cooling) control, 100 % power and water back up.
Web based School Management System
- School Management System: We use ‘Work Education’ a windows based integrated school management software that consists of information & a database relating to student admission, fees, attendance, transportation, medical reports, staff payrolls, financial accounting, library management & time-table generation. This facilitates the seamless flow of information & ensures effective communication.
- Online Community: ‘Work Education’, also a web-based integrated school information system generates all school-related information that provides periodic updates on: news and events, calendars, food menus, circulars, feedback reports & much more. The parents, students, staff & alumni are given their individual username & password to receive information modules relating to their areas of concern.
- Web Site: The school has an informative website – www.gateway.edu.in which is user friendly and rich in content.