The curriculum of GIS is based on Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The rules and regulations laid down by CBSE are strictly followed by GIS.
The Central Board of Secondary Education was setup to achieve certain interlinked objectives:
- To prescribe conditions of examinations and conduct public examination at the end of Class X and XII. To grant qualifying certificates to successful candidates of the affiliated schools.
- To prescribe and update the course of instructions of examinations.
- To affiliate institutions for the purpose of examination and raise the academic standards of the country.
The prime focus of the Board is on:
- Innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising student friendly and student centered paradigms.
- Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices.
- Skill learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs.
- Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in service training programmes, workshops etc.
- Aforestated rules and regulations are strictly followed by GIS.